Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm speaking up, but it's not what they had in mind

I really don't want to pick on The Joint Commission, as they do so much good. But what's the story with this animated video called "Speak up™," about spreading germs? Is the JC now in the public health business? What's the audience? Is this really a compelling way to send the message? Who's idea was this?

They are spending money on this, but still not making widely available their library of best practices from the hospitals they have been paid to survey?

I wanted to embed the video here so you could see it. It is available from the JC, but first you need to tell them "how you plan to use the Speak Up™ video(s)." I didn't try. I didn't think they would like how I would use it. But here again, we see an indication of an unexplained need to control the distribution of information. They could just have put it on YouTube and let it go viral.

Finally, what's with the trademark? Do they expect to sell this feature some day?

No comments:

Post a Comment