Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Books to consider -- IV

I end my series of possible gifts more topical than those mentioned below with two books about which I have written before. I hesitate to say that I have saved the best for last, but these two are truly excellent, moving, and inspirational. (And I would say that even if the authors were not friends and if they hadn't blessed me by allowing me to write prefaces for both!)

e-Patient Dave deBronkart's Laugh, Sing, and Eat Like a Pig is a great story about his experience with kidney cancer and his journey to patient empowerment and collaboration with his doctors.

Monique Doyle Spencer's The Courage Muscle, A Chicken's Guide to Living with Breast Cancer is an often humorous account of things to expect and how to prepare for this disease.

Both books are perfect for friends or family members going through all types of cancer (not only kidney or breast cancer), and also for their caregivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment